Water ATM machines are also known as Water Vending Machines. These machines work on the principle of reverse osmosis and are generally coin-operated. These are usually installed in public places or private places like a shop or a shopping complex. The prime use and importance of water ATM machines is to provide clean as well as healthy drinking water to general public at highly affordable rates.
It can be called as a new generation product, which comes very handy in dispensing pure drinking water.
As a matter of fact, the water available at these ATMs is far more safe and clean as compared to the water sold by Water trolleys, that too at almost the similar price. Thus, it is a better alternative.
Advantages of Water Vending machine (Water ATM machines)
- First and the foremost benefit of Water ATM is that is provides absolutely clean and healthy drinking water to everyone, without any discrimination.
- It is one of the most economical and cost effective source of healthy drinking water for both rural as well as urban areas.
- The water is completely free from all kinds of germs, because it is treated well by the process of reverse osmosis, before it is available for drinking. So, there is a guarantee that everything is free from all kinds of water-borne diseases.
- It saves a great deal of energy and time of the people who have to stand in a queue in order to get even small amount of pure drinking water.
- It is one of the major source of water for those areas, where there is scarcity of water. People don't have to worry about buying or collecting drinking water on a daily basis. These, water ATMs make drinking water easily available at such places or cities.
- The citizens have to be/are less dependent on packed drinking water, which is comparatively expensive for people to buy, especially for people who are economically weak.
Thus, we can conclude that the Water Vending Machines can prove to be really helpful in eliminating the problem of water scarcity and contaminated drinking water in India. People can rely on this affordable source for buying water even on a daily basis, as it wouldn't cost them much. Above all, they learn to save and understand the importance of water.
Content resource from - http://www.akshayswachhjal.com/blog/advantages-of-water-atm-machines-asjb17.html